This is default featured slide 1 title
This is default featured slide 2 title
This is default featured slide 3 title
This is default featured slide 4 title
This is default featured slide 5 title
 

Ethanol Car Engines Work

Ethanol Cars

Vehicles that retain an internal combustion engine that is specifically designed to operate on more than one kind of fuel are referred to as dual-fuel vehicles. Informally, these vehicles are referred to as flexible-fuel vehicles or FFV. This simply means these cars or trucks have the capability to operate on alternative fuels other than gasoline; or they run off of a combined fuel such as the modern-day blended gasoline mentioned before.

Dual-fuel vehicles operate very similar to standard automobiles that use gasoline. Ethanol is injected into engines just the same as gasoline is injected into standard non-hybrid vehicles. Even though bioethanol delivers slightly less gas mileage, its eco-friendly benefits make it a viable option for drivers. For example, when ethyl fuel is burned, it produces less harmful emissions and air pollution than standard gasoline. This advantage alone makes it worthwhile. Also, ethanol generally costs less than standard fuel or gasoline; making hybrid vehicles a cheaper option in comparison to standard automobiles on the market today. The similarities between the two engines makes ethanol cars cheaper than most hybrid vehicles as well.

Ethanol Fuel

Ethanol fuel is a biofuel because it is mainly extracted from plants such as corn, potatoes, hemp, barley, grain, sugar cane, and more. Bioethanol is actually ethanol; the same kind of alcohol found in liquor, beer, and wine. It’s most commonly used as a biofuel additive to motor fuel. In fact, the majority of vehicles on the road today operate on blends of ethanol and gasoline. In most cases, 25% of common fuel is ethanol, while the other 75% is gasoline. This is the likely blend a person will get at their local gas station when they fill up their tanks. In 1976, Brazil made it legally mandatory to blend the two fuels together. When blended, they are referred to as flex-fuels.